Released July, 2008
The Pros:Lots of power: 140 Watts x 8 channels. 8 x balanced XLR inputs. Gold-plated speaker terminals.
The Marantz MM8003 is an 8-channel power amplifier that can be used on its own or paired with the Marantz AV8003 pre-amp/processor. The MM8003 can produce 140 Watts of high current output from each of its eight channels across the full audio bandwidth (20 Hz - 20 kHz) at 8 Ohms at less than 0.08% THD.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The power supply contains a multiple-secondary transformer rated at 600 VA and 100,000 µF. Each of the 8-inputs include both an XLR balanced input and unbalanced RCA inputs. The speaker terminals are gold-plated 5-way binding posts. For example, the MM8003 can be used to drive a 7.1 surround arrangement, or can power up to 4 rooms of stereo output.
- 8 x channel multi-channel power amplifier
- power: 140W x 8ch (8 ohms) Power Amplifiers
- inputs: 8 x balanced XLR + 8 x unbalanced RCA
- output stages mount on an extruded aluminum "thermal tunnel" for efficient heat dissipation
- Low Impedance Continuous Drive Capability
- Current Feedback Amplifier Circuit
- Massive Toroidal Power Transformer
- Slow Start to Power On
- 8ch XLR Input Terminals
- DC Trigger Control Inputs, DC Power Status
Outputs, IR Flasher Input Terminals
- Output Channel Relay On/Off Control
by Remote Signal (to Multi Zone Use)
- Copper Plated Chassis
- Gold Plated Speaker Terminals
- Marantz Designed Storage Capacitors for Quick
Response to Rapidly Varying Sources
- New Clean Design Front Panel
User Reviews (2)
Lots of power: 140 Watts x 8 channels
Gold-plated speaker terminals
Slow-start power mode to prevent surge of current
You may also like...