Released August, 2006
The Pros:Output offers superior clarity, detail and fidelity. Doesn't distort or impose its own tone over the sound. Reproduction of audio from SACD discs is perfect.
The Cons:Playing compressed audio through the USB port is dramatically lower definition. Remote control is big and bulky, awkward to work with. Only designed for stereo sound reproduction, not 5.1 setups.
The Marantz SA8003 is a single-disc CD/SA-CD player that handles SA-CDs, CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs with WMA, MP3, and CD-DA audio files. Included also is a USB input for music playback (WAV, MP3, and AAC) via a USB flash-drive or an iPod.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Like its predecessor (the CD5003), this unit also hosts Marantz’s exclusive HDAM circuitry, built to insure smooth and ultra-fast signal transfer from one stage to another. However, the SA8003 adds along a Xyron High disc tray built from Zylon—making it extremely rigid and able to withstand long-term use. Additional features of the Marantz SA8003 include an extra-large torroidal transformer, a high-performance Cirrus Logic DAC converter, and shielded digital outputs.
- Sophisticated new aluminum/reinforced resin front panel
- Xyron High rigid disc tray, base and precision drive
- MP3/WMA playback capability for CD-R and CD-RW discs
- USB input for Music playback by USB memory or iPod Digital Connection
- Separate power supply and audio circuit boards
- Double-shielded Toroidal power transformer
- Audio circuits with HDAM®-SA2 modules
- Audiophile-grade selected components
- High performance Cirrus Logic D/A converter
- Headphone output with current buffer amplifier
- Double layer bottom chassis
- Machined chassis-mount analog outputs with zero-impedance copper plate
- Copper shielded digital output circuit
- Power Standby, Detachable Power Cord
- Hand held remote controller
- Disc Capacity: 1
- Playback: SA-CD, CD, CD-R/RW (CD-DA/MP3/WMA)
- Playback: USB (MP3/WAV/AAC)
- Power Transformer: Toroidal
- Audio DC: Cirrus Logic CS4398
- In/Out: Headphone Out, Analog L&R, Digital Optical/Coaxial
- Frequency Response: 2Hz-50kHz
- THD: .0020%
- Consumption: 25W
User Reviews (1)
output offers superior clarity, detail and fidelity
doesn't distort or impose its own tone over the sound
reproduction of audio from SACD discs is perfect
setup is relatively easy, supports high-end audio equipment
output is on par with units that are twice the price
playing compressed audio through the USB port is dramatically lower definition
remote control is big and bulky, awkward to work with
only designed for stereo sound reproduction, not 5.1 setups
You may also like...