Released December, 2008
The Pros:Fully balanced (inputs, outputs and signal path). Quality build. Transparent.
The Cons:Only available in gold - not everyone's cup of tea. Cannot be turned on/off by the remote. Extremely expensive.
The Marantz SC-7S2 is a reference control amplifier that is a part of Marantz's reference series of A/V devices which gives the improves upon the design of the acclaimed SC-7S1. The SC-7S2 gives a frequency response and channel separation that far exceeds conventional requirements thanks to a fully balanced current-feedback topology and a power supply based on a aluminum-encased toroid power transformer, Shottky barrier rectifier diodes, and low-ESR electrolytic storage capacitors for optimal power conditioning and distribution.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Each input is fully buffered with discrete circuitry for accurate signal transfer while four Wolfson WM8816 high-precision multi-gang volume controls and 12 Marantz-proprietary HDAM-SA modules form an incredibly precise attenuation circuit fully capable of 0.5 dB resolution throughout its entire 100 dB range. Although there are only two channel ouputs, the F.C.B.S (Floating Control Bus System) allows for easy expansion and operation of mutli-channel material. The copper-plated aluminum chassis and steel sub-members give dimensional stability and isolation from radio frequencies and electromagnetic interferences, and the display can be shut off for minimum distractions. There are switchable inputs for CD, two line and a recorder input as well as a balanced XLR input and there is a rec out, two line outs and a balanced XLR out.
- Main In / Pre Out: NO / Balanced: 1, Unbalanced: 2
- Bridge Mono Mode/Bi-Amp Mode: NO / X (as a monaural control amplifier)
- Analog L&R In; Balanced: 1, Unbalanced: 4
- Analog L&R Out; Unbalanced (Rec Out): 1
- External control; F.C.B.S. In/Out: 1/1
- THD; Balanced: 0.0015%, Unbalanced: 0.003% (20Hz-20kHz)
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance; 420mV/20k ohms
- Frequency Response; Balanced&Unbalanced: 3Hz - 150kHz (+0/-3 dB)
- S/N Ratio; Balanced: 105dB, Unbalanced: 108dB (IHF-A)
- Number of Channels: 2
- HDAM: HDAM-SA
- Power Transformer: Large Capacity Toroidal w/Shielded Case
- Current Feedback Amplifier
- Color: Gold
- Front Panel: 3 pieces Aluminum
- Remote Control: Aluminum Top Marantz System Remote Controller
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 20W
- Dimensions W x H x D (Inches): 18” 1/16" x 7 3/8" x 17 3/8"
- Weight (lbs): 48.0
User Reviews (7)
fully balanced (inputs, outputs and signal path)
top-of-the-class audiophile quality sound
Performs well beyond price-point
only available in gold - not everyone's cup of tea
cannot be turned on/off by the remote
You may also like...