Released February, 2008
The Pros:Generates no noise at all, perfect audiophile-grade clarity. Aluminum enclosure is heavy-duty and solid. Channel separation is very good, no real cross-talk.
The Marantz SM-11S1 is a reference stereo power amplifier that is a part of Marantz's reference series of A/V devices. The two channel outputs use unique parallel line layout for high channel separation and use a two-stage amplifier fora ccurate speaker drive which gives 110 watts per channel, which doubles to 220 watts when using low impedance speakers.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
There is a high speed evolved HDAM SA3 module, which has the ability to accurately track rapidly changing audio signals for high sound fidelity. The high current power supply is based on a toroidal transformer and is sealed in an aluminum case mounted to the chassis on a 10mm thick aluminum base which feeds high quality circuit parts which are selected to give maximum souind quality. Other features used to minimize signal interferance include a power meter to monitor output levels that uses Hall-effect magnetic devices to monitor current flow to the speakers without directly tapping the output itself. The Marantz SM-11S1 has one balanced and one unbalanced stereo input with independant gain control, and has dual WBT speaker outputs that can be usded in bridge (BTL) mode.
- Main Channel Amp In: Balanced: 1, Unbalanced: 1
- Bridge Mono Mode
- External control (RS232C); RS-232C: 0, Trigger In: 1
- Number of Channels: 2
- Output Power/Channel (20Hz - 20kHz); Stereo Mode: 110W x2 (8 ohms), 220W x2 (4 ohms), BTL Mode: 420W (8 ohms)
- HDAM: HDAM-SA3
- Power Transformer: Very Large Capacity Toroidal w/Shielded Case
- Discrete Amplifier Stage: Current Feedback Amplifier Stage
- Individual Level Adjust: Balanced / Unbalanced Individual Gain Setting (-6dB/0dB/+6dB)
- THD (20Hz - 20kHz): 0.02% (8 ohms)
- Input Sensitivity/Impeance; Balanced: 2V/22k ohms, Unbalanced: 2V/22k ohms
- Frequency Response: 5Hz - 120kHz (1W, 8 ohms)
- S/N Ratio; Balanced: 101dB, Unbalanced: 101dB (IHF-A network, 1W, 8O)
- Color: Gold
- Front Panel: 3 pieces Aluminum
- Power Requirement: AC 120V 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 380W (UL60065)
- Dimensions W x H x D (Inches): 17-5/16" x 6-5/8" x 16-15/16"
- Weight (lbs): 58.6
User Reviews (5)
generates no noise at all, perfect audiophile-grade clarity
aluminum enclosure is heavy-duty and solid
channel separation is very good, no real cross-talk
amplification is fast, doesn't delay the sound
can drive high-ohm resistance speakers for extreme clarity
tone combines warmth with crispness for a unique and exciting output
outputs enough volume to fill any room
You may also like...