Released June, 2009
The Pros:Simple product to hook up and start using, even for complete entry-level users. Fills out compressed MP3 audio effectively, making it sound very close to CD quality. Capable of high power output for loud volume.
The Cons:Audiophiles will notice a definite sharp digital quality to the audio, lacks warmth. Phono inputs will take vinyl records and clean up the sound to the point where it just sounds like a CD.
The Onkyo A-5VL is a 40 watt stereo amplifier offered by Onkyo. This slender amplifier sits only 3-1/8" high and houses both a pre- and power amp in an elegant looking case. It uses audiophile-grade parts, such as specially audio-tuned capacitors and thick, low-impedance copper bus plates to give a high quality sound.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It also employs Onkyo’s exclusive VLSC technology to ensure a smooth, pulse noise-free signal during conversion from digital to analog. It has four audio inputs and a phono input so you can enjoy faithful reproduction of any audio source such as a CD player, a tuner, or a turntable. There is also an optional dock for an iPod which can be controlled using the included remote control. The Onkyo A-5VL has A and B speaker outputs so you can enjoy music in two seperate rooms.
- Power Output:
- Dynamic Power`:
- 3 ohms: 115 W
- 4 ohms: 90 W
- 8 ohms: 45 W
- Audio in/out: 4/1
- Phono input: MM/MC
- Exclusive Vector Linear (VL) Digital technology
- Optimum Gain Volume Circuitry
- All discrete output stage circuitry
- Low-impedance, thick bus plate
- Audiophile-grade capacitor
- Precision motor-driven volume control
- Tone Control (Bass, Treble On/Off)
- Pure direct mode
- Discrete phono equalizer circuitry
- High-rigidity, anti-resonant chassis
- Speaker A/B posts
- Compatible with Remote Interactive Dock for the iPod
- RI (Remote Interactive) remote control
- Banana Plug Speaker Terminals (gold plated)
- Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 110 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.3 W
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 3-1/8" x 13-3/8"; 435 x 80 x 340 mm
- Weight: 22.5 lbs./10.2 kg
User Reviews (1)
simple product to hook up and start using, even for complete entry-level users
fills out compressed MP3 audio effectively, making it sound very close to CD quality
capable of high power output for loud volume
dynamic power output works with a wide variety of speaker types
constructed with heavy-duty materials that won't give out easily
audiophiles will notice a definite sharp digital quality to the audio, lacks warmth
phono inputs will take vinyl records and clean up the sound to the point where it just sounds like a CD
You may also like...